Goulds J5S Single Nose Shallow Well Jet Pump
Goulds Model: J5S
Series: Goulds JS+
Goulds J5S Specifications
• 1/2 Horsepower
• Voltage: 115 V (10.8 Amps) / 230 V (5.4 Amps)
• Pipe connections: 1 1⁄4" NPT suction, 1" NPT discharge.
• Pressure switch: Preset 30-50 PSI
• Single Phase
• Cast Iron casing
• Single Nose
• Shallow Well Jet Pump
Goulds JS+ Series Single Nose Shallow Well Jet Pump
■ Compact: Design has an integral shallow well adapter built into the casing, which eliminates the need for a separate shallow well adapter
• Back pullout design allows dis-assembly of pump for service without disturbing piping
• Two compartment motor for easy access to motor wiring and replaceable components
• Nozzle clean out plug in pump case
• Corrosion resistant, engineered plastic tubing and fittings are easily removed for cleaning. Premium O-ring design fittings need only be hand tight to seal
■ Impeller: F.D.A. compliant, glass filled Noryl® is corrosion and abrasion resistant
■ Diffuser (Guidevane): Bolt down diffuser provides positive alignment with impeller. Diffuser has stainless wear ring for extended performance in abrasive conditions. F.D.A. compliant, injection molded, food grade, glass filled Lexan® for durability and abrasion resistance
■ Tubing and Fittings: F.D.A. compliant engineered plastic is corrosion and UV resistant
■ Powered for Continuous Operation: Pump ratings are within the motor manufacturer’s recommended working limits. Can be operated continuously without damage
■ Corrosion Resistant: Electro-coat paint process is applied inside and out, then baked on
■ Protected Mechanical Seal: Special diaphragm design retains water in the casing at all times to ensure the mechanical seal can never run dry
■ Excellent Air Handling Ability: After initial priming the pump has the ability to re-prime itself even when air gets into the system. Pumping resumes once the water level rises above the foot valve
Typical Applications for using a Goulds J5S
• Booster service
Goulds JS+ General Specifications
• Pipe connections: 1¼" NPT suction / 1" NPT discharge
• Pressure switch: AS4 preset (30-50 PSI)
• NEMA standard
• 60 Hz
• ½ – 1½ HP, 115/230 V capacitor start
• Single phase
• 3500 RPM
• Built-in overload with automatic reset
• Stainless steel shaft
• Rotation: clockwise when viewed from motor end
• UL778 listed
• Maximum temperature: 140°F
GOULDS JET PUMPS LIMITED WARRANTY
■ This warranty applies to all water systems pumps manufactured by Goulds Pumps.
■ Any part or parts found to be defective within the warranty period shall be replaced at no charge to the dealer during the warranty period. The warranty period shall exist for a period of twelve (12) months from date of installation or eighteen (18) months from date of manufacture, whichever period is shorter.
■ A dealer who believes that a warranty claim exists must contact the authorized Goulds Pumps distributor from whom the pump was purchased and furnish complete details regarding the claim. The distributor is authorized to adjust any warranty claims utilizing the Goulds Pumps Customer Service Department.
■ The warranty excludes:
(a) Labor, transportation and related costs incurred by the dealer;
(b) Re-installation costs of repaired equipment;
(c) Re-installation costs of replacement equipment;
(d) Consequential damages of any kind; and,
(e) Reimbursement for loss caused by interruption of service.
■ For purposes of this warranty, the following terms have these definitions:
(1) “Distributor” means any individual, partnership, corporation, association, or other legal relationship that stands between Goulds Pumps and the dealer in purchases, consignments or contracts for sale of the subject pumps.
(2) “Dealer” means any individual, partnership, corporation, association, or other legal relationship which engages in the business of selling or leasing pumps to customers.
(3) “Customer” means any entity who buys or leases the subject pumps from a dealer. The “customer” may mean an individual, partnership, corporation, limited liability company, association or other legal entity which may engage in any type of business.
|Pump / Equipment Type||Jet Pumps|
|Horsepower Rated||1/2 hp|
|Voltage||115 / 230 Volt|
|Total Dynamic Head||No|
|Manufacturer / Brand||Goulds Pumps|
Customer Reviews (2)
- Goulds J5S Review by Dice
- The goulds j5s is a very high quality top of the line pump. It is very heavy duty and well constructed. It's made in the USA and appears to be easily serviceable and parts are easily available. For a 1/2 HP pump the goulds has much better flow and lift capacity ratings than other brands. After accounting for friction loss in pipe and offset from well, the ratings appear to be very accurate. At supreme water's price, this pump was actually less than the low quality imports available at big box stores. I would highly recommend this pump, and Supreme Water Sales to anyone! (Posted on 6/5/2014)
- Goulds J5S & Customer Service Second to None!!!Review by Freestar
- For years we have been using the Goulds jet pumps for our wells on our property. By far...the best pump on the market today...period!!! When we found this J5S on Supreme's website, we could not believe the price. We were just to be sure about the price and if the pump actaull was new since the price was so low, so we called the company. Sure Enough....someone actually answered the phone, and ironically, it was actually one of the owners of the company. What great service!!! He discussed our questions and concerns about the pump. We then ordered the J5S. We received the pump with in a few days, installed, and worked perfectly...and YES it was Factory Brand New in the Box!!!! You could not ask for a better company or pump. Thanks Supreme Water Sales (Posted on 3/8/2014)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this product also commonly purchased the following combination of items.
- This Item: Goulds J5S Shallow Well Jet Pump - 1/2 HP
- Flexcon Challenger PC66-FR Steel Pressure Tank - 20 Gallons