SmartStream WA002 UV System - Series A - 2 GPM
• Model: WA002 ( WA002ABAX )
• Series: A-Series
• GPM Rated: 2 GPM
• FLOW RATE @ 30mJ/cm2: 2 GPM
• Watts (Power): 14 Watts
• MAX Input Power (Watts): 18.6 Watts
• Visual Alarm: Yes (Green / Red LED)
• Audible Alarm Mute: No
• Inlet / Outlet Ports: 3/8" NPT-M
• Min / Max Ambient Air Temperature: 32°F to 122°F
• Max Humidity: 90% RH (non-condensing)
• Min / Max Inlet Water Temperature: 36°F to 104°F
• Max Water Pressure: 100 Psi
• Dimensions: 17.65" (L) x 3.83" (W) x 3.09" (H)
• The NEW Watts SmartStream® A Series UV systems are an improved version of the Watts UV (PWUV) line we previously offered. Replacement lamps, quartz sleeves, sleeve o-ring, and controllers are all interchangeable between the WA and the A Series. The new upgrades include a two piece quartz sleeve nut with grounding screw, a lamp power wire strain relief in the quartz sleeve nut and a reconfigured inlet and outlet port arrangement
• The Watts SmartStream™ line of ultraviolet (UV) disinfection systems is highly effective at providing protection against micro-biological contamination in water for residential and commercial applications with flow rates up to 12 gallons per minute. Disinfection of water with SmartStream™ is a simple, rapid physical process. When contaminated water is exposed to SmartStream's™ 254 nano meter UV light, the UV light penetrates the cell walls of microorganisms and disrupts their genetic deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) material. This quickly inactivates microorganisms by destroying their ability to replicate and infect. UV light has the ability to inactivate up to 99.9999% (6 log) of harmful organisms in water. SmartStream™ UV systems have the ability to inactivate bacteria, cysts, protozoa, parasites, and viruses. Even mold and algae are inactivated by the powerful affects of UV.
• Watts SmartStream™ UV disinfection systems are engineered to be tough and reliable. The UV chambers are constructed of highly polished 304 stainless steel and the controllers are UL listed.
• SmartStream™ UV disinfection systems can be used as a point of entry or point of use disinfection device. They should be installed as close as possible to the treated water's point of use.
• Utilizing SmartStream™ for the disinfection of water does not induce chemicals into the water. This means no tastes, odors, or residual chemicals are left over in the water after the disinfection process. SmartStream™ systems can be installed in a wide variety of applications such as residential drinking water and whole house disinfection for wells, rainwater catchment and municipal water. Commercial applications include water bottling, food and beverage processing, aquaculture, laboratories, reverse osmosis pre and post treatment, as well as anywhere disinfection of water without the use of chemicals is preferred.
Applications to Use SmartStream UV Systems
• Drinking water systems
• Hospitals & Laboratories
• Bottling plants
• Electronics / semiconductors
• Swimming pools
• Cooling towers
How does a UV Benefit the Consumer?
With the use of ultraviolet lamp technology, SmartStream UV inactivates microorganisms like cysts, bacteria, viruses, and parasites in water sources to prevent serious illnesses, which could include death.
This system is a highly effective method for disabling up to 99.9999% (6-log) of harmful organisms, requiring zero contact with toxic chemicals and producing no harmful byproducts.
Features & Benefits of SmartStream UV Systems
• 304 highly polished stainless steel reactor chambers
• Electrically grounded UV chamber
• Strain relief for lamp power wire built into quartz sleeve nut
• High output and high efficiency 9000 hour rated lamps
• Universal power input 100v-240v 50/60Hz
• NPT and BSP-Tapered thread options
• Audible and visual alarm to indicate lamp failure
• Simple sizing & installation
SmartStream™ A series UV Controllers are designed with simplicity in mind. Input power is converted to the correct voltage required by the lamp for the production of UV light. During normal operation, the LED indicator will be illuminated green. If the lamp burns out then an audible alarm will sound and the Green/Red LED Indicator will change from Green to Red. This informs the user that the system requires servicing.
Feed Water Requirements
Please review operating pressures, temperatures and water chemistry limitations to ensure compatibility.
• Hardness (maximum): 7 Grains (120 mg/L as CaCO3)
• Max Water Pressure: 100 psi (6.9 bar)
• pH range: 6.5-8.5
• Water Temperature: 36°F to 104°F (2°C to 40°C)
• Turbidity: <5 Nephelometric Turbidity Units (NTU)
• Total Suspended Solids: <10 mg/L
• Iron (maximum): 0.3 mg/l
• Manganese (maximum): 0.05 mg/l
• Maximum Ambient: 122°F / 50°C
• Atmospheric Conditions: 90% Relative Humidity (Non-condensing)
• Oil & H2S: None allowed
Product Note: Water that does not meet the above guidelines will require additional pre-treatment. Do not install this system higher in elevation than 10,000 feet above sea level.
|UV Power Wattage||15 to 25 Watts|
|GPM Rated||2 gpm|
|Flow Rate @ 30mJ/cm2||2 gpm|
|UV Flow Rate||1 to 5 GPM|
|UV Pipe Connection||3⁄8" MNPT|