Franklin Electric SubDrive Utility 2-Wire Variable Frequency Drive - UT2W
• Series: SubDrive
• Drive Model: UT2W
• MPN: 5870202003
• Product Type: Variable Frequency Drive ( Constant Pressure )
• Enclosure Type: NEMA 3R
• Submersible Pumps: 2-Wire Motors ( 1/3 hp to 1-1/2 hp )
• Surface Pumps (Jet, Booster, PSC): 2-Wire Motors 115/230 V (Up to 2 hp)
Franklin Electric’s SubDrive Utility™ Variable Frequency Drive converts conventional 2-wire submersible pumping systems, ranging from 1/3 hp up to 1-1/2 hp, along with 115 V and 230 V single-phase 2-wire submersible PSC, above-ground booster, and jet pumps up to 2 hp, into constant water pressure systems. Designed with a compact footprint, it features a sleek NEMA 3R enclosure rated for both indoor and outdoor use, and retrofits to most pumping systems utilizing a Franklin Electric motor. Separate of the pump and motor, the drive makes troubleshooting and maintenance of the pumping system significantly easier compared to all-in-one units.
Features of the Franklin Electric SubDrive Utility UT2W
• One Unit is Compatible with 115 and 230 Volt single-Phase 2-Wire Motors with Maximum Current Ratings Ranging from 4.6 A to 13.1 A
• Compatible with Franklin Electric Submersible 2-Wire Motors, Submersible Permanent Split Capacitor (PSC), above Ground Booster and Jet Pumps.
• Provides Constant Pressure and Motor/Pump Protection in a Small and Robust Package
• User-Defined Under-load Protection, and Several Pressure Control Adjustments, to Fit a Wide Range of Pumping Applications
• Robust SubDrive Pressure Sensor Standard for Ease of Installation
• Additional Input for Optional Analog Pressure Transducer for Precise Pressure Control
• No Programming Required with Easy DIP Switch Setup
• Three LED Indicators Allow for Easy Identification of System Status and Troubleshooting
• USB Port Allows for Easy Firmware Updates
• UL and cUL Listed
SubDrive Utility UT2W Will Operate With the Following Submersible Applications
• 115 Volt ( 2-Wire ) Motors: 1/3 HP & 1/2 HP
• 230 Volt ( 2-Wire ) Motors: 1/2 hp, 3/4 hp, 1 hp & 1-1/2 hp
SubDrive Utility UT2W Will Operate Submersible PSC and Surface Pump Applications
• 115 Volt ( 2-Wire ) or 230 Volt ( 2-Wire ) Motor Overload Protection Ratings: 4.6 A, 4.7 A, 5.0 A, 6.0 A, 6.2 A, 6.4 A, 8.1 A, 8.4 A, 9.1 A, 9.5 A, 9.8 A, 10.0 A, 10.4 A, 11.0 A, 12.0 A, 13.1 A
Benefits of Using a SubDrive Utility UT2W
• Constant Water Pressure: The Franklin Electric SubDrive Utility provides consistent pressure regulation using advanced electronics to drive a standard motor and pump according to the pressure demands indicated by a highly accurate, heavy-duty, long-life pressure sensor or analog pressure transducer. By adjusting the motor/pump speed, the SubDrive Utility can deliver constant pressure dependably, even as water demand changes. For example, a small demand on the system, such as a bathroom faucet, results in the motor/pump running at a relatively low speed. As greater demands are placed on the system, such as opening additional faucets or using appliances, the speed increases accordingly to maintain the desired system pressure. Using the provided SubDrive pressure sensor, system pressure can be set in the range of 25–80 psi (1.7–5.5 bar).
• Reduced Tank Size: Conventional systems use larger tanks in order to store water, whereas SubDrive Utility systems may utilize a smaller tank in order to maintain constant pressure.
• Over Temperature Foldback: SubDrive Utility controllers are designed for full power operation in ambient temperatures up to 122 °F (50 °C) at nominal input voltage. In extreme thermal conditions, the controller will reduce output power in an attempt to avoid shutdown and potential damage while still trying to provide water. Full output power is restored when the internal controller temperature cools to a safe level.
• Motor Soft Start: Normally, when there is a demand for water, the SubDrive Utility will be operating to accurately maintain system pressure. Whenever the SubDrive Utility detects that water is being used, the controller always “ramps up” the motor speed while gradually increasing voltage, resulting in a cooler motor and lower start-up current compared to conventional water systems. In those cases where the demand for water is small, the system may cycle on and off at low speed. Due to the controller’s soft-start feature and the sensor’s robust design, this will not harm the motor or the pressure sensor.Adjustable
• Under-load Sensitivity: The SubDrive Utility controller is configured at the factory to ensure detection of under-load faults in a wide variety of pumping applications. In rare cases (as with certain pumps in shallow wells), this trip level may result in nuisance faults. If the pump is installed in a shallow well, activate the controller and observe system behavior. Once the controller begins to regulate pressure, check operation at several flow rates to make sure the default sensitivity does not induce nuisance under-load trips.
HOW IT WORKS
The Franklin Electric SubDrive Utility is designed to be part of a system that consists of only four (4) components:
A. Standard Pump and Franklin Electric Motor
B. SubDrive Utility Controller
C. Pressure Tank
D. Franklin Electric Pressure Sensor
|Submersible Motor HP Rated||No|
|Submersible Motor Size||4" Submersible Motors|
|Control Box Type||Variable Frequency Drive ( VFD )|
|Control Box Voltage||115 / 230 Volts|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this product also commonly purchased the following combination of items.
- This Item: Franklin Electric SubDrive Utility 2-Wire Variable Frequency Drive - UT2W
Pearl MNP18SR - MNP Series - In-Line Steel Pressure Tank - 4.8 Gallons
Heat Shrink Tubing - #10-12 - Submersible Wire Splice Kits
Square D 30/50 Water Pump Pressure Switch - 9013FSG2J21
Franklin Electric VersaJet FVJ15CI - Shallow Well Jet Pump - 1.5 HP