Filox A8033 - High Performance Media for Iron, Hydrogen Sulfide and Manganese Removal - 1/2 cuft
No oxidizing chemicals needed for regeneration.
Filox™ out performs traditional media such as Birm® and Greensand.
Highest flow rate of any standard iron removal media, 6 gpm/cu.ft service flow; 12-15 gpm/sq.ft backwash rate.
• Qty / Bag: 1/2 CuFt
• Weight / Bag: 55 lbs
Availability: Factory / Manufacturer Direct
Features & Benefits of Filox
• Superior high efficiency media for filtration and removal capabilities
• No oxidizing chemicals typically needed for regeneration
• High efficiency with 80% manganese dioxide for enhanced performance and capacity
• Effective, from 6.5 pH to 9.0 pH
• Highest flow rate of any standard iron removal media
Filox Operating Conditions
• Active Ingredient - 75-85% Manganese Dioxide
• Max Service Flow - 6 gpm/cu.ft.
• Freeboard - 30-50% of bed depth
• Backwash rate - Backwash rate 16-30 GPM/sq.ft, depending on application specific variables, minimum recommended bed expansion is 15%
• Bed depth - 20 inch Minimum
• pH Range - 6.5-9.0
• Screen size - 12 x 40
• Bulk density - 110 lbs/cu.ft.
• Iron - 10 ppm
• Hydrogen Sulfide - 3 ppm
• Manganese - 5 ppm
The use of additional oxidizing agents (oxygen, chlorine, ozone, hydrogen peroxide, potassium permanganate, etc.) is recommended. Oxidizers will enhance the performance of Filox™. They oxidize the media, which enables Filox™ to perform quicker and keep cleaner. It is always a safe practice to install an oxidation method upstream (in front) of the Filox™ bed. Do not exceed 4 ppm free chlorine chlorine in the feed water stream or bed damage may occur.
Testing For ORP - Oxidation Reduction Potential (ORP) can be the most important factor to take into consideration in certain waters. Highly reducing waters may cause premature exhaustion or even destruction of the Filox™ bed. Precautions can be taken prior to installation that can prevent ORP problems. Use one of the screening tests and follow the instructions below if the subject water has reducing properties that will require additional oxidants
|Stock Status||Factory / Manufacturer Direct|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this product also commonly purchased the following combination of items.
- This Item: Filox A8033 - High Performance Media for Iron, Hydrogen Sulfide and Manganese Removal - 1/2 cuft
- Watts C-Max MAXETW-20 - Extruded Carbon Filter Cartridge - 2-7/8" x 20"
- Watts C-Max MAXETW-30 - Extruded Carbon Filter Cartridge - 2-7/8" x 30"
Watts C-Max MAXETW-FF975 - Extruded Carbon Filter Cartridge - 4-5/8" x 9-3/4"
Watts C-Max MAXETW-FF20 - Extruded Carbon Filter Cartridge - 4-5/8" x 20"