Watts ( A9000-35 ) Thermax T72 MP - Water Softener Resin - Tannin Removal - Strong Base Anion -1 CuFt / Bag
• Manufacturer: Thermax
• Thermax Part Number: A72 MP
• Our Ordering Number: A9000-35
• Media Type: Strong Base Anion - Special Grade Ion Exchange Resin
• Media Use: Water Softening Resin and TANNIN Removal
• Bag Size: 1 CuFt / Bag
• Approximate Weight / CuFt: 46 to 49 lbs
- Buy 2 for $469.99 each and save 10%
- Buy 4 for $449.99 each and save 14%
• Thermax T72 MP resin is a Macroporous strong base Type I anion exchange resin with controlled pore size.
• Tannin removal from ground well water and used for color removal from sugar syrup.
What is Tannin?
• Tannin is a natural organic material that can be the byproducts of nature’s fermentation process.
• Tannin can be created as water passes through peaty soil and decaying vegetation. This can cause water to have a faint yellow to tea-like color, and can cause yellow staining on fabrics, fixtures, china and laundry.
• Tannins in water, may give a tangy or tart aftertaste to water. Tannins may also cause water to have a musty or earthy odor.
• Tannins are very common in surface water supplies and shallow wells than in deep wells. ( IE: FLORIDA / LOUISANNA / GEORGIA ---etc )
• Commonly in areas where the water is in a marshy, low-lying, or coastal areas that is more susceptible to tannins.
Issue or Heath Effects of Tannins?
• Tannins present no health hazards.
• Tannins they may make water appear dirty / brown in color
• Tannin in your water makes it very unappealing to drink and may even cause staining in your laundry/clothes
THERMAX T72 MP --- REDUCTION OF HARDNESS -- plus - REMOVE TANNIN
Application to Use Resin / Media
• Tannin removal
• Acid Retardation
ADVANTAGES --- Excellent resistance to organic fouling
Characteristics of Thermax T72 MP - Resin / Media
• Media Type: Strong Base
• Matrix Structure: Polystyrene Copolymer
• Functional Group: Quaternary Ammonium Type I
• Ionic Form: Chloride
• Screen Size US Mesh (wet) : 16 - 50 Mesh
• Particle Size ( Minimum 95% ): 0.3-1.2 mm
• Stability MAX Temperature: 175 F / 80 C
• pH range: 0 - 14 pH
• Total Exchange Capacity: 1.0 (meg/ml.min)
• Backwash Settle Density: 42-45 / 670-720
• Reversible Swelling: CI --> OH 20
• Moisture Content: 60% ( +/- 3% )
How Much Media Do You Need?
Typically, the amount of Water softener media required for your application, is based on the Size of the Media Tank. ( NOTE: ALL Water Softeners will have "Gravel" at the bottom of media tank )
• 8x44 Media Tank ---> 0.75 CuFt of Media ---> 10 lb of Gravel
• 9x48 Media Tank ---> 1.00 CuFt of Media ---> 10 lb of Gravel
• 10x35 Media Tank ---> 1.00 CuFt of Media ---> 15 lb of Gravel
• 10x44 Media Tank ---> 1.25 CuFt of Media ---> 15 lb of Gravel
• 10x54 Media Tank ---> 1.50 CuFt of Media ---> 15 lb of Gravel
• 12x48 Media Tank ---> 1.50 CuFt of Media ---> 20 lb of Gravel
• 12x54 Media Tank ---> 2.00 CuFt of Media ---> 20 lb of Gravel
|SKU||A9000-35 ( T72 MP )|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this product also commonly purchased the following combination of items.
- This Item: Watts ( A9000-35 ) Thermax T72 MP - Water Softener Resin - Tannin Removal - Strong Base Anion -1 CuFt / Bag
- Water Softener Resin - Cation - 8% Crosslink - Fine Mesh - 1 CuFt - A4005 ( C-100FM )
- Water Softener Resin - Strong Acid Cation - 8% Crosslink - Standard Mesh - 1 CuFt - A4004 ( C100E )
- Water Softener Resin - Cation - 8% Crosslink - 16x40 Mesh - 1 CuFt - A4000 ( C1 )