Acid Washed - Coconut Shell - Carbon Media - 12x40 Mesh - 1 Cuft - A9230-AL
• Manufacturer: Watts
• Carbon Media Type: Coconut Carbon
• Acid Washed Carbon: Increases adsorptive capacity of carbon base and lowers the level of impurities
• Mesh: 12 x 40
• Qty / Bag: 1 CuFt
• Weight / Bag: 27.5 lbs
Availability: Factory / Manufacturer Direct
WHAT TYPES OF CARBON (GAC) ARE AVAILABLE?
• Bituminous - Basic coal based granular media
• Coconut Shell - Superior level of hardness; high activity level; trihalomethane removal; longer life expectancy
• Acid Washed - Increases adsorptive capacity of carbon base and lowers the level of impurities
• Catalytic Carbon - Specialized carbon media to remove hydrogen sulfide gas, iron, and chloramines
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS TO USING GRANULAR ACTIVATED CARBON (GAC) ?
• Improve taste and remove odors
• Dechlorination of water
• Removes color from water
• Removal of organic substances
• Removal of synthetic organic substances
• Clear water for drinking, bathing and cooking
WHAT CAN GRANULAR ACTIVATED CARBON (GAC) REMOVE FROM WATER
• Organic Chemicals
• TCE (Trichloroethylene)
• EDB (Ethylene dibromide)
• THM (Trihalomethanes)
• Chemical odor
WHAT ADSORPTION FACTORS CAN AFFECT CARBON MEDIA'S PERFORMANCE?
There are 3 main factors that will and can affect Granular Activated Carbon (GAC):
1) Temperature - Recommend temperature 60°F - 80°F
2) pH Level - Most organics in water are more soluble at pH lower than 7.0 (Neutral Levels)
3) Contact Time - The amount of time water stays in contact with Carbon Media is very important. Always recommend you achieve proper flow rates for any adsorption system to function properly
WHAT ARE THE STANDARD OPERATING CONDITIONS OF GAC MEDIA?
• Service Flow Rate - Between 2 to 6 gpm / cuft ( Please Note: For standard taste, odor and chlorine removal application using bituminous carbon - whereas - Chloramines and TOC/VOC applications will require lower service flow rates and longer empty bed contact time or specialized carbon formulation )
• Backwash Flow Rate - 10 gpm / sqft
• Freeboard - 50% of bed depth
• pH Levels - 6.5 to 7.5
|Stock Status||Factory / Manufacturer Direct|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this product also commonly purchased the following combination of items.
- This Item: Acid Washed - Coconut Shell - Carbon Media - 12x40 Mesh - 1 Cuft - A9230-AL
Catalytic Carbon - Coconut Shell - Carbon Media - 12x40 Mesh - 1 Cuft - A8056-AL