Reverse Osmosis Filter Kit - 5-Stage RO System - 50 GPD Rated
• Brands: Watts / C-Max / Flo-Pro
• Filter Set: 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis Filters / Membrane
This item includes ONE FILTER Per 5-Stages of the RO System
• STAGE ONE: FPMB5-978 ( Sediment Filter )
• STAGE TWO: MAXETW-975 ( Pre-Carbon Filter )
• STAGE THREE: MAXETW-975 ( Post-Carbon Filter )
• STAGE FOUR: W-1812-50 ( 50 GPD Membrane )
• STAGE FIVE: AICRO ( 1/4" FNPT - GAC Inline Filter )
Reverse Osmosis systems need to have filter replaced to ensure quality of production. We recommend you to replace your filters in a timely fashion, to ensure your system works at peak performance.
5 Stage RO Systems Filter & Recommended Replacements Time
Stage 1 - Sediment filter - recommended change of 6 months (MAX)
The first stage of your RO system is a five micron sediment filter that traps sediment and other particulate matter like dirt, silt and rust which affect the taste and appearance of your water
Stage 2 - Carbon filter - recommended change 6 months (MAX)
The second stage contains a 5 micron carbon block filter. This helps ensure that chlorine, chloramines and other materials that cause bad taste and odor are greatly reduced.
Stage 3 - Carbon filter - recommended change 6 months (MAX)
The three stage contains a 5 micron carbon block filter. This helps ensure that chlorine, chloramines and other materials that cause bad taste and odor are greatly reduced.
Stage 4 - Membrane, recommended to be changed every 2 years.
Stage four, is the heart of the reverse osmosis system, the RO membrane. This semi-permeable membrane will effectively take out TDS & Sodium and a wide range of contaminants such as Percholate, Chromium, Arsenic, Copper, Lead as well as Cysts, such as Giardia and Cryptosporidium. Because the process of extracting this high quality drinking water takes time, your RO water treatment system is equipped with a storage tank.
Stage 5 - Carbon inline filter, recommended to be changed every 6-12 months.
The final stage is an inline granular activated carbon (GAC) filter (aka: AICRO) which is used after the water storage tank, and is used as a final polishing filter
This 5-stage reverse osmosis (RO) replacement filter kit, may also fit:
• Watts W-525
• Watts GTS550S
• Arrow Industries: RO-550
• Flowmatic FMRO5J
• Nelsen's NRO5-50
• PuROline PL50T50
• PureValue 5EZ50
• AquaElite: AEII-TLC-50D
• Hydronix RO-550Q-1
• ...and many more 5-stage under sink reverse osmosis systems
|Filter Type||Specialty Filters|
|Membrane GPD||50 GPD|
|Approx Filter Size / Type||2 in x 10 in|
|Micron Rating||5 Micron|
|Filter Improves / Removes||Chlorine, Hardness, Iron, Lead, Odor, Scale, Sediment / Particles, Taste|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this product also commonly purchased the following combination of items.
- This Item: Reverse Osmosis Filter Kit - 5-Stage RO System - 50 GPD Rated
- Watts Granular Activated Carbon (GAC) - 2-1/2 x 9-3/4 - GAC10N
- Watts AICRO Inline GAC Filter / RO Post Filter - 1/4 FNPT Connection
- Watts WPC1-20 Pleated Filter Cartridges - 2-3/4 x 20 - 1 Micron
- Watts WPC5-20 Pleated Filter Cartridges - 2-3/4 x 20 - 5 Micron